Hi Ok,

> I thought
> I was the only victim, but to my relief you're my companion
> in distress (maybe it has to do with us being Dutch??).

 My distress was mainly that I can't use the official firmware (KQD6P2.eni)
with the vanilla speedtouch driver. Even if there are different issues with
the line in the Netherlands the driver shouldn't crash on that, and the
changes you made to read_from_usb_thread definitely fix *that* problem for
me (not the occassional USBDEVFS_bulk fails that I keep seeing though).

> Anyway, the extra pipe didn't do anything (good or bad, that
> is).

 So is it necessary or useful or just redundant?

> During the time I was keeping myself busy with that, Duncan
> advised me to try the 'kernel'-version; according to him, that
> would do its job flawlessly.

 I will have a look at it some day (probably still this year ;), but I
didn't want that to stop me from getting some fixes into the user space
driver.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!