Duncan Sands ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hi guys, what do people think about merging the user mode and
> kernel mode projects?
>
> Advantages:
> (1) One web site with all documentation / sources
> (2) One mailing list for all discussion
>
> Disadvantages:
> (1) The two projects mostly have just modem_run in common,
> and if I implement firmware loading in the kernel even this will go.
>
> Thoughts?

If the driver was specific to Linux, the unification of the two projects
would be logical,  but the user space driver is the  only choice for all
BSD systems.

Perhaps it makes sense to keep the two projects separated (different web
pages), because i  don't think it's natural to look for  a BSD driver in
linux web pages. Btw i already offered you a write access to our repo on
sourceforge, i did  not get an answer. So here again,  do you want write
access ?

--
Edouard Gomez