Hi,

> I have Thomson Speedtouch 330 connected to USB on VIA chipset.
> Modem connects fine, but after some time Internet connection goes down and

   VIA motherboards sometimes cannot give enough power to the USB devices. So
you should try to connect your modem to an USB hub and not directly to the
VIA motherboard.
   This happened to me although I have long forgotten the symptoms, and now my
ST330 works nicely connected on the USB Hub in my screen.

        my .02€
                Vincent
--
Vincent Favre-Nicolin