Dear All,

Thanks to the efforts of Martin Galpin and Lewis Jardine, I have now also got
my REV 4.0 silver modem working.

Martin sent me the modified modem_run.c and I compiled this using the
speedtouch-1.2-beta3 download. The upload of the microcode works fine using
the ZZZLP2.eni file which came with the modem.
I am going to check if other microcodes will work but have found by doing the
following the modem worked correctly.
I used the speedtouch bundle as is (but with RedHat fix supplied by Duncan
Sands) to produce the usermode driver and pppd. I made sure that I overwrote
the modem_run with the 1.2-beta3 modified version from
/usr/local/sbin/modem_run (as the bundle comes with 1.2-beta2 version which
sits in /usr/sbin/modem_run). I also disabled the /etc/hotplug/usb/speedtch
file so that I can manually start the program.
Plugging and unplugging the modem works correctly loading the usermode driver.
I though at the moment use Benoit Papillault's Speedtouch how to carry out the
actual connection. I have found that at least 15 seconds is required to get a
synchronisation after uploading the microcode.
I have tried with the kernel mode driver but not been successful yet but I
will try to get the modem going as much as possible using the speedbundle.

I have now had the modem running without a problem for 48 hours.

Mike