I downloaded speedbundle 1.0, and configured the kernel as indicated in the
howto (.config in attach). Now I menaged to recompile the kernel with no
error messages. I did "make", "make install", "make modules" and "make
modules_install" from the /usr/src/linux directory, so I think the kernel
I'm running is the one I've configured.
All the speedbundle package seemed to compile properly and install
succesfully. At boot, or whenever I do "modprobe speedtch", I get the error
messages:

*************************
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.o: unresolved symbol
atm_charge
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.o: unresolved symbol
atm_dev_register
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.o: unresolved symbol
shutdown_atm_dev
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.o: insmod speedtch failed
*************************

Then I tried as follows. I uninstalled Speedbundle and downloaded speedtouch
1.2 from speedtouch.sourceforge.net. I followed the howto included in the
package step by step and everything seemed to compile and install
succesfully.
"modem_run ....." does not give any error (nor other) messages.
"pppd call adsl" does not give error messages nor any output, but the modem
green lights never blink (they are always on).
I don't get connected to the internet, but if I do "ifconfig ppp0" after
running "pppd call adsl" i get the following output:

***********************
ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
          POINTOPOINT NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
************************

If I disconnect the modem from the usb port and do "ifconfig ppp0" again I
get the very same output.
I don't care which one I get working, whether Speedbundle or the speedtouch
1.2 package.

I have linux kernel 2.4.22, Slackware 9.1 on a Pentium4, and the Thomson
SpeedTouch 330 usb adsl modem.

Please please help!
Matteo

-- Type: application/octet-stream