Hi I would just like to say thanks very much to all the people who helped me
get my silver cycling helmet working.
I am using it now and it's great.  Still a bit complicated for the newbie -
it's the damn kernel/user mode choice that confused me.
So here is my 2-bits:
1. you don't want to do anything like "modprobe speedtch".  You don't need or
want it. (use modem_run and pppoa3 instead)
2. you need to check and delete and /var/run/ppp... files if it doesn't work
(they make loads of pppoa3 start up)
3. Hey you can do " ln -s /etc/ppp/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf" and you don't
have to keep coping the xxxx-ing file!  (Magic)
4. Make sure that your motherboard is cool - the usb parts can overheat using
the modem. (my old K5 is toast)