Have just spent a couple of days fighting to try to get a Speedtouch USB
modem running on an Ultra 5 (sparc64).  The translation between 32 bit
ioctls and 64 bit handlers isn't quite finished and usbdevfs is one of
the areas that it isn't finished yet (up to 2.6.5).  Given a lot more of
this is now common to all 64 bit platforms I suspect this means it won't
work on any 64 bit platform as of yet.  If anyone could confirm or deny
this / provide more information I'd be interested.  Given time I will be
attempting to remedy this state of affairs in a couple of months.

HTH

Sweet Dreams,
 - Martin

--