--- Duncan Sands <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:
> Hi, some old usb hubs have the problem that you
> can't
> have two devices plugged in at once (!).  To test
> this,
> check whether your printer works at the same time as
> another USB device (a webcam for example).  If it is
> only the speedtouch that causes the problem, then it
> may be due to the modem drawing too much electrical
> power from your hub (this is a well known problem
> with
> the speedtouch).  You could try buying an external
> usb
> hub with its own power supply, and plugging the
> modem
> into that.  Do you have the same problem when using
> windows?
>
> Ciao,
>
> Duncan.

Yes, I have tried the two usb ports at the same time,
with other devices, and the problem is present only
when the speedtouch and the printer are online at the
same time.  Under mswindows, is the same situation,
the printer does not respond.
Buying a new usb hub is a good idea, I think that a
pci internal hub is something good and it will make me
happy.

Thanks for your help, ciao

Cesar Catrian C.