I've been trying to run the speedtouch CVS driver on FreeBSD 5.2.1 without success.

First of all, the Makefile scripts are broken and won't compile cleanly, the problem
appears when 'sed' is executed. For example, the Makefile.in has:

-e 's,@bindir\@,$(bindir),g' \

its missing a \ before the first @, it should be:

-e 's,[EMAIL PROTECTED]@,$(bindir),g' \

also, lines like:

$(edit) $< > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

should use correct redirection:

$(edit) <speedtouch-setup.in > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Once all these mistakens are corrected in all the Makefile.in (two of them to be
specific)
then the driver compiles and installs without further problems.

Now, getting to my second problem. Modem_run loads fine, but once i run ppp -ddial adsl
i get a nice kernel panic:

WARNING: Driver mistake: destroy_dev on 114/1
panic: don't do that

Anyone has any details on this subject? I've gone through google and it seems there
is a problem with the device entries (tun0 maybe?) that aren't created.