Clive Messer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yes, the paths were/are correct. Have not changed them. Just removed the
> semaphore and 'speedtouch-start'. Need to check what happens when I
> reboot the box and the modem is detected by hotplug.

Maybe your usbfs isn't mounted at this point.
This happened in our Mandrakelinux package too.
The usb controller is loaded very early, it triggers the speedtch
module loading and the hotplug script, but /proc/bus/usb may not be
available yet, then modem_run will fail and keep the "line_ko" value
in the semaphore.
You can do some pretty evil hack before speedtouch-start is run in the
hotplug script, like this one :
while [ ! -f /proc/bus/usb/devices ]; do sleep 2; done

--
Olivier Blin