Right gentleman, that's what i get when booting slack 10.1 with hotplug on:

Activating hardware detection:  /etc/rc.d/rc.hotplug start
/etc/hotplug/usb/speedtouch: line 14: /var/run/usb/%proc%bus%usb%001%002: No
such file or directory

speedtouch-start didnt work.

I went to #speedtouch and benoit told me i should put speedtouch and
speedtch on hotplug blacklist (/etc/hotplug/blacklist). I did that,
the message error bellow didn´t appear anymore when booting the system
but speedtouch-start was still not working.

Then i tried to turn hotplug off. (chmod -x /etc/rc.d/hotplug). Then,
trying speedtouch-start thats what i got:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# modprobe uhci
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# speedtouch-start
Starting ADSL connection...
(and then nothing else happened, the lights of the modem blink...)

PS: when i try speedtouch-start without modprobe uhci another error appears....
So, if anybody using slack10.1 has been successfull please mail me and
explain what you did.

PSS: Benoit txs for your time.