On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Gilles Espinasse wrote:
> what options did you use with pppd?

I've attached the options file below

> you should add the 'debug' option, you will know if LCP negociation start
> (it should) and when the timeout occure.

I've added both debug and kdebug, but I don't see anything. It reports
"Connect: ppp0 <--> 0.38", and then goes into the select wait. It happily
sits there for ever, never timing out, and never getting whatever it's
looking for.

> you should too have a longer lcp-max-configure than the default value of
> 10. I use 50.

I've given that a try, but it doesn't seem to help

ppp options file:

# Kernal level debugging - pops handy stuff in /var/log/debug
# Use this if you can't seem to log in
kdebug 15
# Turn on some debugging - gives some info in /var/log/messages
debug
# Don't require peer to authenticate itself
noauth
# If the link terminates, wait 4 seconds
holdoff 4
# Maximum number of failures before giving up
maxfail 25
# Set the MTU to a smaller size, as BCN suggests
mtu 1458
# Use the peer as a default route
defaultroute
# Our username
user "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
# Their name, to look up in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
remotename blackcat
# Don't go away until connected
updetach

# Try harder on lcp