[Sorry - inadvertently sent previous email on HMTL. Sorry]

I have installed Kubuntu superficially satisfactorily, and am now trying to
follow 'The Linux Kernel SpeedTouch Driver for Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog'

(http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/ubuntu/index.html) to connect to the
internet.

 The system has recognised my SpeedTouch 330 modem and given me vendor, prod
ID, Rev (4.00), manufacturer (THOMSON), etc, and I have downloaded the
various files needed for the installation, and copied these onto a floppy.
But when I try to follow the instruction to copy these into my home folder
and make sure that firmware-extractor is executable (cp -r /media/floppy/* .
&& chmod +x firmware-extractor), I get the response:

cannot stat '/media/floppy/*':  no such file or directory

 Help!

 old codger