----- Original Message -----
From: "Joao Poneis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <speedtouch@ml.free.fr>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 1:28 AM
Subject: [speedtouch] Re: Strange problems with MTU and MRU

> Hi Gilles, thans for answering.
>
> "You can't use MRU=MTU=1500 with PPPoE because of PPPoE overhead.
> You have to use 1492 or smaller"
>
> I'm sorry, but i don't know what MRU and MTU are, and i have no idea of
where i'm going to set this information (to use mru as 1492). Can you
explain me?

you have to set in your ppp config file wich is under /etc/ppp (I don't know
the name of the config file you use)
mtu 1492
mru 1492

Adding debug will display more in details what happen during connection
start, mtu/mru negociation and password demand and answer.