Andrew Benton wrote:
> Hello list
> I see in the system log messages like
>
> DSL line goes up
> drivers/usb/atm/speedtch.c: Line state 20
> ADSL line is up (576 Kib/s down | 288 Kib/s up)
>
> Is there a way to use these signals to run pppd? Does a file get altered in
> /sys, /proc or /dev that could be used to run a script?

Hmm, I didn't word that very well did I? What I meant was, I want to ensure
that pppd is run only after the firmware has loaded. At the moment I do it with
sleep commands, which works, but is somewhat crude. I was just wondering if
there was a more sophisticated way to ensure the modem is ready before pppd is
run. Any suggestions?