Hi,

I am using freebsd5.3 onto which I have installed speedtouch 1.3.1 (speedtouch
330 USB modem using pppoA) and am experiencing a nearly steady 10% packetloss
when pinging from freebsd to any other external ip or vice versa.

Analysing it a bit further it seems that the packets get lost on the first hop
(ie 10.0.0.1 which I take is the IP of the speedtouch modem?), and pinging this
IP gives also gives a near steady packetloss. Can anyone direct me how I can go
about finding out what is causing this (here I am assuming that it is the
speedtouch diver?)? Is there a way of seeing packet statistics for the modem in
question? Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanx in advance

Rekkie