From: Andrew Benton [mailto: ]
To: speedtouch@ml.free.fr
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:37:05 +0100
Subject: [speedtouch] Re: Speedtouch 330 USB packetloss (speedtouch 1.3.1 and
pppoA)

have installed speedtouch 1.3.1 (speedtouch 330 USB modem using pppoA) and am
experiencing a nearly steady 10% packetloss when pinging from freebsd to any
other external ip or vice versa.<br>> <br>> Analysing it a bit further it seems
that the packets get lost on the first hop (ie 10.0.0.1 which I take is the IP
of the speedtouch modem?), and pinging this IP gives also gives a near steady
packetloss. Can anyone direct me how I can go about finding out what is causing
this (here I am assuming that it is the speedtouch diver?)? Is there a way of
seeing packet statistics for the modem in question? Has anyone else experienced
Thanx in advance<br>> <br>I'm not familiar with FreeBSD but I have experienced
similar packet loss with a Speedtouch 330 whilst using the wrong firmware. So I
would suggest you try different versions of the

firmware. Hope that helps<br><br>Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch