Andrew Benton wrote:

>Richard Connon wrote:
>

>>This installed correctly but when I run speedtouch-setup to setup the
>>connection I get the following screen output
>>
>>Adding ppp entries to your /usr/local/bin/speedtouch-setup: line 539:
>>$MODULE_CONF: ambiguous redirect
>>
>The it looks like the speedtouch-setup script is falling over trying to add
>entries to /etc/modules.conf or /etc/modprobe.conf or whatever it should be.
>Why don't you comment out that bit of the script and fix module loading by
>hand?
>
>Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
>Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I added the lines to the speedtouch-setup script in /usr/local/bin/
similar to those which queried wether there was a file called
modules.conf or conf.modules and set the variable $MODULE_CONF
accordingly which did the same for the modprobe.conf file.

Now it seems to connect perfectly yet the following is found in
/var/log/messages

Jun 12 15:29:38 localhost modem_run[4450]: modem_run version 1.3 started
by root uid 0
Jun 12 15:29:40 localhost kernel: usb 4-1: modem_run timed out on ep5in
Jun 12 15:29:40 localhost kernel: usb 4-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed
ep 0x85 len 512 ret -110
Jun 12 15:29:44 localhost modem_run[4450]: Another program/driver is
already accessing the modem (interface 1 cannot be claimed)...