Hi Shaun,

> Ive tried every known way to get the silver 330 modem (rev4) working
> under Mandriva - Ive had no success - I've been in touch with Steve
> Parker - and the bottom line .... it's still not working. I'm now
> trying Slackware 10.1. After that I'm buying a new router/modem.
> Please let me know how you get on

I don't know anything about Mandrake so I can only help with generalities.
Can you please give some details of what you tried and what went wrong.
Helpful info to include: the exact commands you tried, and the exact
output they produced (if you are using the command line, you can use the
following trick: enter the command
        script
before doing the commands to set up your modem.  When you've finished,
enter the command
        exit
Everything you did, and all output, will be saved in a file called "typescript"
that you can email to the list).  Also, please send the contents of your system
logs; that's probably /var/log/messages, but it might be /var/log/syslog.

All the best,

Duncan.