Andrew Walrond wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Is there any way of looking up the connection status (speed, etc)  in /proc
> or
> somewhere?

dmesg | grep ATM

> Aslo, although my connection seems fine, my kernel log is flooded with these:
>
> ATM dev 0: speedtch_check_status entered
> ATM dev 0: speedtch_check_status: line state 20
> ATM dev 0: speedtch_check_status entered
> ATM dev 0: speedtch_check_status: line state 20

I get those every 5 seconds when I use a revision 4 Speedtouch

> Is that normal and what does it mean? Any way of calming it down?

I don't think it should be happening. Apparently it means the driver is polling
the modem to see if the line is up.  20 means it is trying to synchronize the
line. When I asked Duncan about it he asked if the telephone line was plugged
into the modem :o\
I got rid of the messages by recompiling the kernel with

# CONFIG_USB_DEBUG is not set