On 3/17/06, Duncan Sands <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, it still sounds to me like there is a problem with your secrets
> file...  Want to mail it to me privately?

hi duncan

attatched are the original chap-secrets, the secrets file i installed
(with my password removed) and a debug file which contains the command
line debug output when i tried to start pppd manualy.

i recently reinstalled ubuntu because i reistalled my windows. the
grub loader was replaced that's why i did the ubuntu reinstall.

my isp said they use chap for authentication so this time round i only
install the chap-secrets file first. wheni tried to start pppd then i
got an error saying that it could not find my login details in the
secrets file. i then installed the pap-secrets file. when i tried to
start ppd then i got the output that's in the debug file.

from the debug output it seems that pppd is using the pap-secrets file
and not the chap-secrets file. is there a way to set pppd to only use
the chap-secrets file?

thanks,
ronny

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: chap-secrets

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: secrets

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: debug

Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]