>>Damian wrote:
>> Hi, i'm really new to linux, and trying to install the SpeedTouch330
>>USB Modem on my Knoppix/debian distribution. (pppoe)
>>
>> The first thing i did was to follow the steps here (steve parker)
>>http://steve-parker.org/speedtouchconf/troubleshooting.shtml
>>
>> and it "kind of" worked. I mean, i remember the firmware loaded and
>>dsl line got up, tough it didnt connect because of a problem with pppoe.
>>I asked the author and he said he couldn't test it with pppoe so i
>>decided to go another way.
>>
>> Then, i followed the steps here:
>>http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/ubuntu/index.html and realised the
>>firmware doesnt even load.
>>
>> Ive tried with
>>
>>     rev4fw.zip -> (the one that worked with steve parker's script)
>>     ZZZL_3.012
>>
>> And both lights stay solid green during boot. I have to say ive tried
>>some other ways that seem to have made things even worse (now steve
>>parker's script doesnt even work)
>What kernel are you using? - you can find out with the command uname -r
>Are you using udev or the older hotplug scripts?
>
>Andy

Hi Andy, im using 2.4.27

Hotplug? I have no idea...

The error message steve parker's script throws is:

The modem_run command failed (code 235)
modem_run results:
Mutex value not OK
FAILED because of modem_run error 235
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/modem/modem/speedtouchconf-27-Jun-2006# Sep  4 11:26:41 box
modem_run[4645]: modem_run version 1.3.1 started by root uid 0

Damian