On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 05:31:52PM -0300, antares dark wrote:

> Hi, i have openSuse 10.2 and can't get the modem
> working with this. and may be your solution helps me
> and others.
>
> Can you post the entire configuration file with the
> changes and comments?
Unfortunately, I don't have access to the system the speedtouch modem is
running on.

However, as much as I can recall from its installation is was necessary to

- copy two firmware images to /usr/lib
speedtch-1.bin
speedtch-2.bin

- load the speedtch.ko kernel module
modprobe speedtch

Already at this time a message should show up on /var/log/messages or w/ dmesg
that the ADSL line is up and running. If this is not the case backup on the
firmware images and/or other syslog messages.

- create a pppd configuration file
we named the config file "eclipse" and burried it at /etc/ppp/peers. Please
note, that the VP/VC values for the British provide eclipse were used with PPP
over ATM.
--
noipdefault
defaultroute

- create pap-secrets, chap-secrets

- start pppd
pppd call eclipse

If everything is fine one might comment out the debug line in pppd config file.

I do have no understandig what this SuSE "kinternet" tool is useful for. Better
leave that out, as it adds another layer of complexity around pppd.

--
Volker Jahns, [EMAIL PROTECTED], DG7PM