> Hi! Sorry if this has been asked before, but an archive search on "error 253"
> produced no results. Any ideas regarding this modem_run error 253 with
> openSuSE 10.2? Thank you!

First of all, you don't need any of this because you have a kernel driver
that's taking care of (almost) everything:

> Jan 24 22:46:15 krypto kernel: speedtch 2-1:1.0: found stage 2 firmware
> speedtch-2.bin
> Jan 24 22:46:22 krypto kernel: ATM dev 0: ADSL line is synchronising
> Jan 24 22:46:42 krypto kernel: ATM dev 0: ADSL line is up (2272 kb/s down |
> 288 kb/s up)

So I suggest you just use the kernel driver (see
http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch/).
However, if you don't want to you don't have to!  As you can see, the script
knows about the
kernel driver and tries to do something about it (it has to, since otherwise
they'll be
fighting over the modem):

> The kernel speedtch module is loaded. This is not
> compatible with the speedtouch usermode driver.
> Removing the speedtch module

The problem with the script is:

> mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist

Try changing /proc/bus/usb to /dev/bus/usb/ in the script.
This problem is fatal.

Ciao,

Duncan.

Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]