Hi there

I am trying to get my Speedtouch modem working with the Feisty Fawn version
of Ubuntu. I got the thing working before (with help from here) on Dapper
Drake, but that was some time ago and I've lost the advice sent to me.

I have followed the web instructions, cutting and pasting commands to avoid
mistakes. Looking at the chap-secrets and pap-secrets files in etc/ppp, I
noticed they have a red cross by them. Looking at the properties, it seems
that access is denied to them.  Could this be part of the problem and, if
so, how is this rectified? If this is normal, can anyone suggest where else
to look?

Thanks in anticipation!

Roger.