Hi Ed,

> A search through the WindowsXP directory brought to light that the very
> old file alcaudsl.sys is still there. Not a suprise as I used the
> installation disk from 06-06-2002 to load the speedtouch driver under
> WindowsXP after I had installed WindowsXP. So I suppose it is the one used
> by WindowsXp.
>
> file: /Windows/C/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/alcaudsl.sys
> md5sum: 8080b5ea17a763bbce6c92bbc6ceefe8
>
> The firmware files that I have been using for years for all Linux
> distributions are:
> /lib/firmware/speedtch-1.bin
> md5sum: be58aef97d8435dce070c96574c06564
> /lib/firmware/speedtch-2.bin
> md5sum: 4dc23adb72007919f30d50ebcf222f8a
>
> I tried to find the .inf files that contain the words you mentioned using
> search commands like:
>
> grep -rsiH modem /Windows/C/WINDOWS/* | grep -rsi option
> grep -rsiH DSL /Windows/C/WINDOWS/* | grep -rsi Max
>
> but none had anything the like.

try searching for alcaudsl.

> I only find the files
> /Windows/C/WINDOWS/inf/oem8.inf
> /Windows/C/WINDOWS/inf/oem9.inf
> that contain words like speedtouch or alcatel.
>
> So, as a consequence, I do not find any parameter information.
> Suppose I boot into WindowsXP, is there some manner in which I can
> retrieve information about the parameters you mentioned?

Not really.  You can use a usb snooper to see what windows is sending
to the modem, but that's not for the faint hearted.

Do you see the message "OAM not supported" in dmesg output?

Ciao,

Duncan.

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:speedtouch-requ...@ml.free.fr?subject=unsubscribe