Chris Withers wrote:

>> The build_sphinx command. It was added in 0.5.
>
> How is this used? Are there any examples anywhere?

Don't know about examples, but if setuptools and sphinx are installed
together, just say "python setup.py build_sphinx" and it will create the
docs. I think I had to try out where to put index.txt. There are also some
options which I found out about by reading the source.

You might also want to check out SetupDocs. I seem to remember that it
looked interesting until I found out that it doesn't account for building
autosummaries.

>> Something like the pkginfo dance.
>
> Well, if that is implemented, please consider using Tres' existing package
> rather than coding something new from scratch...

Sure. When I wrote "something like" I still meant to look whether
setuptools itself (being the more commonly installed package) wouldn't let
me access package metadata as well, but it turn out that it only tells me
the package's name and version. So it has to be something beyond
setuptools and pkginfo is indeed the obvious solution.

--
Thomas