Hello Sphinx folk,

I am writing some documentation using Sphinx.  The command I used to
use to convert the restructured text files to html no longer seems to
work for me on my macbook:

> make html
sphinx-build -b html -d _build/doctrees   . _build/html
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/sphinx-build", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 2561, in
<module>
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 626, in
require
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 524, in
resolve
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: Sphinx==0.6.3
make: *** [html] Error 1

I ran this command in the directory having the source .txt files, and
this command worked a couple of weeks ago.  There have been some
changes since it ran correctly because I let "software update" do its
thing.  One was a Mac OSX upgrade to 10.5.8.  I am wondering if this
could be the cause of my problem.

Since having this problem I uninstalled Sphinx (using easy_install -m
Sphinx and then moving the directory containing the egg to some other
place) and then reinstalled (easy_install -U Sphinx : this resulted in
me getting version 0.6.3, previously I had 0.6.1 which produced the
same error message).

I hope someone out there can tell me what I am doing wrong.

-- Gerhardt