On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Near the end of:
>
> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickstart.html#sections
>
> ...it says that section headers are available as list targets.
>
> However, that only appears to work if the section header is in the
> current document. Why is that? How do I link to a section header in
> another document?
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

One of docutils limitations (and, I presume, one of the main reasons for
creating Sphinx) is that there is no way to interconnect multiple documents
in RestructuredText.  So in order to do this, you have to use
Sphinx-specific markup (which are just extensions to ReST...roles,
directives, etc.).

Here's the link I think you're looking for:

http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/inline.html#ref-role

Kevin Horn