Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 16:00, Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Scratch that, I got it to work now. Anyway, the code in question
>>> *does* raise an exception, but I don't want that exception to be
>>> rendered in the output, which still means Manuel doesn't help me solve
>>> the problem.
>> try except?
>
> No, then that would still be a part of the rendered code.

Not with Sphinx's hidden code blocks...
That said, I don't really get what you're trying to do, maybe you could
post an example?

>> or maybe testfixtures should_raise construct?
>
> Possibly, I'm not aware of that one.

Yeah, it's not in the online docs for testfixtures yet, but if you
download the source distro from PyPI and have a look in the tests
directory you'll see examples...

> Why are there two hundred ways of doing the same thing? :-)

Because people keep on re-implementing things rather than learning how
to achieve their goals with what's already out there ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk