Thanks for feedback. Though I can't see any "awfulness" in your
image ;)  It's exactly the way it was designed to be. I don't like
docs that span max window available, lines are too long (on laptop/
desktop), makes it annoying to read. Plus I don't like having the
details of page TOC in master TOC, but I really dislike having the TOC
inline with the text. I suppose niceness is in the eye of the
beholder. I have no way of testing for PDA etc.
Oliver