On Jul 2, 2010, at 5:50 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:

Am 01.07.2010 17:33, schrieb Doug Hellmann:

OK, thanks.  I'm still on 0.6.4 because of a dependency on an
extension, so I guess this means I should port it to 1.0.  :-)

If you get stuck with it, just give me a call. :)

OK, I got the extension working (it was just an import change related
to moving code around for the new domains feature).

However, when I turn on latex_show_pagerefs, I get:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.184 ...:json-api]{\emph{JSON API}} (\autopageref
                                                 *{oem_guide/
web_service/js...

The document I'm working on isn't something I can give you, so before
I spend time setting up enough of an example to reproduce the problem
I thought I'd check to see if this was a known issue in 1.0b2, if
there are other settings I need to enable, etc.  I've attached my
conf.py file in case that's enough to debug with.

Hmm, if \autopageref is not defined, it would appear that the hyperref
package hasn't been loaded. Can you send me the latex .log file, or have
a look yourself if hyperref is mentioned in the files it processes?

Grepping the log gives me:

$ grep hyperref *.log
x/latex/hyperref/hyperref.sty
Package: hyperref 2007/02/07 v6.75r Hypertext links for LaTeX
x/latex/hyperref/pd1enc.def
ex/config/hyperref.cfg
File: hyperref.cfg 2002/06/06 v1.2 hyperref configuration of TeXLive
Package hyperref Info: Option `colorlinks' set `true' on input line 2238. Package hyperref Info: Option `breaklinks' set `true' on input line 2238.
Package hyperref Info: Hyper figures OFF on input line 2288.
Package hyperref Info: Link nesting OFF on input line 2293.
Package hyperref Info: Hyper index ON on input line 2296.
Package hyperref Info: Plain pages OFF on input line 2303.
Package hyperref Info: Backreferencing OFF on input line 2308.
Package hyperref Info: Bookmarks ON on input line 2444.
Package hyperref Info: Hyper figures OFF on input line 3102.
Package hyperref Info: Link nesting OFF on input line 3107.
Package hyperref Info: Hyper index ON on input line 3110.
Package hyperref Info: backreferencing OFF on input line 3117.
Package hyperref Info: Link coloring ON on input line 3120.
*hyperref using default driver hpdftex*
x/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def
Package hyperref Info: Link coloring ON on input line 90.
x/latex/hyperref/nameref.sty

I'm using TeX Live 2007 for my LaTeX tools. I see on their website that there is now a 2009 edition, so maybe I need to update? I'll give that a try.

If yes, can you put a \listfiles command at the file's top, run pdflatex again, and look at the version it gives for hyperref? Maybe you have an
old version.

I added '\listfiles' to my preamble in conf.py but didn't notice any obvious difference in the output. Does the output above show enough detail?

Thanks,
Doug

Georg