On Aug 4, 2:53 pm, Jason S <jmsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone please post an example of table formatting for regular
> sphinx+restructuredText, as well as rst2pdf?
>
> I really need to have some control over the column widths. Also it
> would be helpful to control the justification, background color, and
> the borders. But restructuredText
> tableshttp://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickref.html#tables
> gives no way to do this, and sphinx tabularcolumns doesn't give any
> example for how to use
> it.http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/misc.html#tabularcolumns
>
> please help!

In rst2pdf you do that by applying a class to the table.

Here's an example.

Text file:
http://code.google.com/p/rst2pdf/source/browse/trunk/rst2pdf/tests/input/test_table_classes.txt
Style file:
http://code.google.com/p/rst2pdf/source/browse/trunk/rst2pdf/tests/input/test_table_classes.style

Or, in general, you could use the "csv-table" directive, which
supports specifying column widths, but that means you will move your
data outside of your document.