I'm using Sphinx v1.0.1 and there does not appear to be a sane way to
handle C++ const member functions. For example:

.. cpp:class:: butterflyfio::Array<T,d>

   A simple template class for arrays of datatype ``T`` of length
``d``.

   .. cpp:function:: T& operator[]( unsigned j )

      Returns a modifiable reference to the ``j`` th index in the
array.

   .. cpp:function:: const T& operator[]( unsigned j ) const

      Returns an immutable reference to the ``j`` th index in the
array. This
      is used when working with constant arrays.

This incorrectly renders the last function with arguments "( unsigned
j const )" rather than "( unsigned j ) const". If I remove the const
at the end of "const T& operator[]( unsigned j ) const", then Sphinx
crashes with the following output:

Running Sphinx v1.0.1
building [latex]: all documents
updating environment: 0 added, 1 changed, 0 removed
reading sources... [100%]
butterflyfio
Exception occurred:
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/docutils-0.6-py2.5.egg/
docutils/nodes.py", line 1898, in dupname
    node['names'].remove(name)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
The full traceback has been saved in /var/folders/Ny/
Ny2tw03HHRWL6+0uPF7HSU+++TI/-Tmp-/sphinx-err-3zFgMs.log, if you want
to report the issue to the developers.
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error
message can be provided next time.
group/sphinx-dev/>,
or report them in the tracker at <http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/
sphinx/issues/>. Thanks!
make: *** [latexpdf] Error 1

I have uploaded the error log to the group's file list.

Best regards,
Jack Poulson