On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:35, jelkner <jeff.elk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a high school teacher with a strong interest in creating a web
> version of the textbooks at http://www.fhsst.org.  I'm also coauthor
> of http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english2e/, which uses
> sphinx.
>
> I've been reading the discussion on this list regarding mathjax and
> sphinx, but the discussion seems to have died down since August, and I
> notice there is no sign of sphinx.ext.mathjax on:
>
> http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ext/math.html#directive-math
>
> Is it possible that MathJax support will be included in sphinx in the
> not too distant future?  Producing the on-line version of the math
> text will be a large project, and I can't do it without math support.

Hi Jeff,

Here's a way to include MathJax with Sphinx:

http://bitbucket.org/kevindunn/sphinx-extension-mathjax

The code is BSD-licensed (same as Sphinx), and I, for one, would be
happy if the Sphinx maintainers could include it with the base Sphinx
(it would save me from having to add this extension manually to nearly
every document I work on).

Best of luck with your book project,
Kevin