On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Curiouslearn <curiousle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was also wondering about exactly the same thing yesterday. I, in
> fact, sent an email to the group but did not see that email reach the
> group.
>
> Anyhow, is it possible to increase the text size in addition to using
> strong emphasis?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Georg Brandl <ge...@python.org> wrote:
>>
>> Am 12.01.2011 22:21, schrieb Kevin Cole:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I haven't been fooling w/ Sphinx or reST very long, and don't know LaTeX.
>>> I'm
>>> currently running Sphinx 1.0.1 under Ubuntu Maverick.
>>>
>>> I've tried a few different ways to get a document subtitle, but in LaTeX, it
>>> interprets the subtitle as a section heading. Not what I want at all.
>>> Ideally,
>>> I'd want a line of text in a large font, followed immediately by text in a
>>> smaller font.  But I could probably live w/ two lines of equally large
>>> fonts.
>>
>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> it's not possible with either rST or LaTeX to break a title in two lines.
>>
>> What you could do is to just use strong emphasis:
>>

>> Title
>> =====
>>
>> **Subtitle**
>>

>> Georg
>
> --

For HTML generation, I did something like this by doing:

    ===============
    My Normal Title

    .. container::
       :class: subtitle

       This is My Very Long Subtitle |BR| That Spans Two Lines
       By Using a <br />

    .. |BR| replace:: :raw-html:`<br />`

and creating a custom CSS style for my new "subtitle" class to make
its font larger than normal. Maybe you can do something similar for
LaTeX?