Hi Guenter,

On Aug 30, 9:51 am, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On 2011-08-29, Infinity77 wrote:
> > However, now I am getting this kind of errors:
> > E:\AGW\agw\aui\auibook.py:docstring of
> > aui.auibook.AuiNotebook.DeletePage:6: (ERROR/3) Error in "note"
> > directive:
> > invalid option block.
> > Which is fantastically wrong as the "note" directive is perfectly
> > valid:
> >:note: L{DeletePage} removes a tab from the multi-notebook, and
> > destroys the window as well.
> > I pre-process the docstrings using this approach:
> > def setup(app):
> >     app.connect('autodoc-process-docstring', mangle_docstrings)
> > In which I replace the L{something} with an appropriate ReST link and
> > I replace the ":note:" attribute with ".. note::" (I have to do this
> > because of backward compatibility with epydoc).
> > Now, I am not sure what has changed in Sphinx to make this happen, but
> > I welcome any suggestion in order to fix this issue (I have many more
> > errors related to ".. note::", ".. warning::" and friends.
>
> Are you perfectly sure the resulting markup is valid?
>
> Valid note directives
> *********************
>
> .. note:: This is a one line note
>
> .. note:: This is a
>           two line note with indentation
>
> .. note:: One space
>  indentation is enough
>
> .. note::
>    without argument is fine as well
>
> .. note::
>
>    with separate content block
>
> Invalid note directives
> ***********************
>
> .. note:: No indentation
> is an error!
>
> .. note::
> without argument and indentation
> results in two errors.
>
> In order to check, maybe you can replace the compatibility hack with valid
> rst (at least temporarily). If it works with porperly indented notes, try
> again with e.g.
>
> :note: L{DeletePage} removes a tab from the multi-notebook, and
>        destroys the window as well.
>
> or
>
> :note:
>     L{DeletePage} removes a tab from the multi-notebook, and
>     destroys the window as well.
>
> a one-liner
>
> :note: L{DeletePage} removes a tab from the multi-notebook, and destroys the
> window as well.
>
> or a separate content block
>
> :note:
>
>     L{DeletePage} removes a tab from the multi-notebook, and
>     destroys the window as well.

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the :note: is already a
one-liner, it got mangled by the very smart (!) Google wrapping
facility. I get the same error message even if I put something like:

:note: hello

Moreover, what is curious is that this approach has always worked from
Sphinx -0.3 (yes, minus) up to Sphinx 1.0.7, it only breaks now with
the pre-dev version.

Oh, and another issue. I have these kind of declarations in my
docstrings:

    def ShadowBitmap(self, bmp, shadowcolour):
        """
        Applies a mask on the bitmap accordingly to user input.

        :param `bmp`: the bitmap to which we want to apply the
         mask colour `shadowcolour`;
        :param `shadowcolour`: the mask colour for our bitmap.
        :type bmp: `wx.Bitmap`
        :type shadowcolour: `wx.Colour`

        :return: A masked version of the input bitmap, an instance
         of `wx.Bitmap`.
        """

The `type` declaration doesn't get included into the docstring, as you
can see here:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/AGW_Docs/advancedsplash.AdvancedSplash.html#advancedsplash.AdvancedSplash.ShadowBitmap

I wonder what I am doing wrong (don't get fooled by the Google
wrapping of long lines, everything is correctly and sanely ReST
style).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Andrea.