Hi!

In some cases, when I make syntax mistake in reST source and when
there is a non-ascii character around, I get stacktrace instead of
helpful message telling me where is the mistake. It's quite hard to
track down such mistakes.

One example is when I forget empty line after directive, for example:

.. sourcecode:: python
    for i in range(a,b):
        # käsud

Another example: too short section underline:

      Lisanäited
      ------

I'm not sure if this is problem in Sphinx or in docutils, can't tell
from the stacktrace:
Warning, treated as error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\python27\scripts\sphinx-build-script.py", line 8, in
<module>
    load_entry_point('Sphinx==1.0.7', 'console_scripts', 'sphinx-
build')()
  File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\sphinx-1.0.7-py2.7.egg\sphinx
\__init__.py"
, line 67, in main
    return cmdline.main(argv)
  File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\sphinx-1.0.7-py2.7.egg\sphinx
\cmdline.py",
 line 212, in main
    print >>error, err
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in
position 202
: ordinal not in range(128)

best regards,
Aivar