I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a document, or a place where the next plans for i18n support
are written?

I know there already is support in sphinx, but there is still a lot to be
desired in that regard.

A feature that seems missing for instance is the ability to generate a
multi-language
document, with the possiblity to change the document's language in the
browser.

I looked in the sphinx documentation but couldn't find what I was looking
for.

If no plans are made for this, I would like to take part in doing so.

2) I put together simple tool that streamlines the i18n workflow for me
here:
https://bitbucket.org/placidrage/sphinx-gettextify/overview

It uses gnu gettext for the processing, and only works with the default
"gettext_compact"
configuration value. There is a sample Makefile that can be used for
testing.

Requires only v2.7 of python, as it only depends on the standard library.

The question is, would it be worth improving and developping this tool?
Is there a need for it? Or was there an easier way to accomplish that?

Looking forwards to your answers,

Joe R. Nassimian