> I regularly crash the documentation [... with this example code ...]

> Please let me know if this is the wrong way to report a bug!

The correct place to report the bug is in the issue tracker:

https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issues/

User birkenfeld has kindly allowed anonymous bug reports, so you do not
need to create an account with Atlassian bitbucket if you do not want to.

Also, consider attaching the smallest complete example file that recreates
the issue when reporting the bug.  The amount of effort to create the
example may be trivial to you, but -- speaking with my developer hat on[1]
-- it goes a long way toward reducing the initial hurdle of discovering a
bug's context when someone has provided a complete, working (failing)
example.

Kevin

[1] I'm not a Sphinx developer.