Hi all.
Restarted from scratch, followinf sphinx-intl suggestions.
Now I get (for italian and english as well):

! Package babel Error: Unknown language `italian'. Either you have
(babel)                misspelled its name, it has not been installed,
(babel)                or you requested it in a previous run. Fix its name,
(babel)                install it or just rerun the file, respectively.