Small bug here, unless there's a workaround -

I'm using Intersphinx to link between multiple documents in HTML. One of
the documents doesn't have a version number. When I reference it in
Intersphinx, things work okay but the hover text that shows up on its
hyperlink includes a "v" at the end with no version number. It looks bad.
Is there any way to stop that from showing up?

Here's what I'm seeing.

bad behavior (reference to my help file with no version):

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RgN7dr1ZRWM/WfJRDF56hpI/AAAAAAAAAFM/1PW6i9uTLjYeo-72T4hAHMNoDz02be7fwCLcBGAs/s1600/intersphinx_hover_text-bad.png>

Here's what it looks like when there is a version in the linked document:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DXylx5KZ5Wc/WfJRJ6vVceI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/sRDZ3izdoCsEqo8B6Zj3jXqFGQ0JfeQqACLcBGAs/s1600/intersphinx_hover_text-good.png>

I have tried:
- setting the version and release in conf.py to ''
- setting the version and release in conf.py to '0'
- commenting out the version and release in conf.py

I did a "make clean" before rebuilding for each of those. Every time I get
the same result, "(docname v)"

Any ideas?