Le 17/09/2018 à 15:40, ChrisD a écrit :
Le 16/09/2018 à 02:56, ChrisD a écrit :
I just upgraded from version 1.7.5 to 1.8.0. When I output to latex PDF the
table of contents (TOC) not longer appears.

In 1.7.5 there is a TOC in the text, starting on the 2nd page of the output, right after
the title page. This 2nd page is titled "CONTENTS". There is also a
bookmark-style TOC that appears in the left pane of my PDF viewer (and which is far more
useful than the TOC in the text).

In 1.8.0 there is no bookmark-style TOC. In the text, the 2nd page is labeled
"CONTENTS" but is otherwise blank.

I reviewed the change list, and it notes under incompatible changes that the
latex tableofcontents variable has been moved to the template. Do I need to do
something with a template? If so, how? The latex customization page says that
one can use an experimental feature for a user defined template but gives no
clue what it should look like and says all template variables are unstable and
undocumented.

I'm running on Win7-64 and using MiKTeX, if it matters.

Any suggestions? Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

How do you build the PDF?

Perhaps there was another problem which caused an abort after only one pdflatex
run.

To dispel worries about template, can you check your <document>.tex in LaTeX
build repertory contains `\sphinxtableofcontents` somewhere after `\begin{document}`?

Even without it, the PDF should get the chapter/section bookmarks, if pdflatex
has been executed at least twice.

My bet is that it got executed only once.

It may help to remove left-over latex build repertory, and start build from
scratch again, as latex auxiliary files are always susceptible to cause
troubles after an upgrade.

Best,

Jean-François

I'm embarrassed to admit that I had completely forgotten about the need to run
pdflatex (or make) twice. And because I was having problems I was clearing the
build folder each time I tried it (to avoid the auxiliary files problem which I
had experienced before), so it would fail again. Just running make again
without clearing solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Good you could fix this.

Unfortunately I can't help with Windows,

on Unixen:

 either make latexpdf in the source repertory or

 make latex there followed by make all-pdf in the latex build repertory

should do automatically the needed number of pdflatex runs...

I can't test on Windows...

Cheers,

Jean-François