I am trying to install https://github.com/Cartroo/sphinx-theme-graphite
using Sphinx 1.8.2. (The theme is almost 6 years old, so maybe it's build
around an older version of Sphinx.)

I have these two lines in my conf.py,

   html_theme = 'graphite'
   html_theme_path =
["/full/path/to/themedir/sphinx-theme-graphite-master/"]

but wherever I put a copy of the theme.conf file that came with the theme,
I get this:

   no theme named 'graphite' found (missing theme.conf?)

I got a little further when I renamed the directory containing the theme
from sphinx-theme-graphite-master to graphite and then set html_theme_path
to "/full/path/to/themedir/". I guess it found graphite/theme.conf, but I
eventually got "no module named graphite" although there is a graphite.py
in that directory.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bob