Good day. I would be extremely grateful for the help in finding a solution
to select from the index by date. I need to get records, for example, for
the past hour.

Before Sphinx, I did this:

$result = $pdo->query("SELECT id FROM catalog WHERE date_pub >
'{$create_date}' - INTERVAL 1 HOURS");

Variable  $create_date contains some creation date, and ideally I need to
do a readout from it, not from NOW(), but at least some solution will do
for me.

Here is just in case part of my .conf-file:

source base
{
        type          = mysql
        # connect

        sql_query_pre = SET NAMES utf8
        sql_query_pre = SET CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=utf8
        sql_query_pre = SET CHARACTER SET utf8
        sql_query_pre = SET SESSION query_cache_type=OFF

        sql_query     = \
        SELECT id,parent_id,date_pub \
        FROM catalog

        sql_attr_uint           = id
        sql_attr_uint           = parent_id
        #sql_field_string        = date_pub // tried to work with string
        sql_attr_timestamp      = date_pub
}

p.s. I do not use any sphinx-libraries.