Further to my previous comment, I have created a Job on People Per Hour
requesting Sphinx consultancy service.

https://www.peopleperhour.com/freelance-jobs/software-development/other/configure-sphinx-to-render-pdfs-advise-on-authoring-proces-2380655?id=2380655&jobview=1

I would welcome advice on how to improve it and also proposals from
consultants wishing to impart their knowledge.