On Thursday, 26 August 2021 at 16:52:36 UTC+2 anurag garg wrote:

> Hi Sandra, Stefano
>
> Thanks for info. I tried the rstcheck but it had mostly Info and Warnings,
> so I think it should be fine for Sphinx.
>
> So for the error, generally Sphinx has following warnings/info:-
> File-name.rst:2: WARNING: duplicate label rulesummary, other instance in
> File-name.rst

You probaly have included a file (fileA.rst) in another one (fileB.rst).
you need to add fileA.rst to the exclude_patterns configuration option of
conf.py

> But the case where our docs fails is :-
>
> reST markup error:
> :16: (SEVERE/4) Unexpected section title.

You need to make sure that the headings always follow the same pattern, you
can not have for example a third level of heading follow a first level.

HTH,
Stefano