Hello everyone,

I would like to put forward a proposal which is rather trivial and concerns the Sphinx website. The Getting help <https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/internals/contributing.html#getting-help> section refers readers to the Sphinx IRC channel #sphinx-doc on irc.freenode.net. However, there are currently only 6 users in there. Most probably, you—like many others—have moved to the identically named channel on irc.libera.chat in the course of the mass migration <https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/05/freenode-irc-has-been-taken-over-by-the-crown-prince-of-korea/> this year. There are also more users in there—merely 15 at present, but still more.

Therefore, if my assumptions are correct, I would like to request adapting the reference to the Sphinx IRC channel in the /Getting help/ section mentioned so it points users to #sphinx-doc on irc.libera.chat.

Additionally, the /Questions? Suggestions?/ section on the main page <https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/> would have to be adapted accordingly, too, so it points users to /Libera.Chat/ instead of /FreeNode/.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Ryan