Hello Bruce and welcome to Sphinx!
For me, such "integration" actually means building HTML from Sphinx project and
static files serving.

For example, / is your main WordPress/whatever-powered website, while /docs are
static files generated from Sphinx. You mix two different types of website
hosting behind the scenes. For Apache, it is possible with mod_alias. It allows
for content that is not directly under the DocumentRoot served as part of the
web document tree.

The easiest is if the main website and docs are on different domains
(example.com and docs.example.com). The main website stays as is, docs are
simple static hosting.

In both cases, you likely want the to docs to look like the main website. It
means you need to create a Sphinx theme that looks like your main website.

-
Matt
https://techwriter.documatt.com