Hi all,
I work on the GeoTools project <https://docs.geotools.org/>, which has been
successfully building its documentation using Sphinx for years. Thanks for
sharing Sphinx with the rest of the world :-D

In the recent days one of our Github actions picked up the latest versions
of Sphinx and Pygments, which results in a build warning (which we treat as
a failure, trying to keep documentation in good shape). The versions
involved are:

   - Sphinx is version 4.3.2
   - Pygments version is 2.11.1

The directive failing is a simple:

.. literalinclude::
/../src/main/java/org/geotools/tutorial/csv3/parse/CSVStrategy.java
:language: java
:start-after: // docs start createBuilder
:end-before: // docs end findMostSpecificTypesFromData

and the file included is this one:
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/main/docs/src/main/java/org/geotools/tutorial/csv3/parse/CSVStrategy.java#L66

The error message just states lexing did not work:

     [exec] Warning, treated as error:
     [exec]
/home/aaime/devel/git-gt/docs/user/tutorial/datastore/strategy.rst:245:Could
not lex literal_block as "java". Highlighting skipped.

However I've tried to use "pygmentize" on the command line, it highlights
the file without errors. Also tried leaving just the section of code that
is meant to be highlighted, same results, no errors, e.g:

> pygmentize   -V
Pygments version 2.11.1, (c) 2006-2021 by Georg Brandl, Matthäus Chajdas
and contributors.
> pygmentize   -l java
/home/aaime/devel/git-gt/docs/src/main/java/org/geotools/tutorial/csv3/parse/CSVStrategy.java
(works fine, output omitted)

I'm stuck here... any idea of what I could do to address this issue?

Cheers
Andrea